Some weddings are sweet and heartwarming, or traditional and elegant, or exciting and full of laughter. This wedding was certainly full of laughter. It was a very intimate ceremony with only their wedding party of siblings and best friends with their parents along a simple hike at Watershed Park in Olympia WA in the late morning. It was cheerful and humorous from the start, I mean, the officiant who use to be their boss at the job where they met each other brought the Lord of the Rings novel to hold because well, "Officiants are always holding a book and what better book to hold than Return of the King?"
The reception was a much bigger celebration at the Dystopian State Brewery which has a wonderful urban industrial setting with it's mixture of wood and metal decor with large windows that looked over Tacoma towards the water. It's where they spent the evening with many friends enjoying craft beer, music, and cigars. It was also New years Eve so everyone counted down together and cheered when Kalie and Aric kissed as man and wife into the new year. Everything was exciting, laid back, fun, and truly sincere. The kind of couple any photographer would have enjoyed working with. The kind of couple who tell me to go find my own husband (who is also my second shooter) right then and celebrate new years eve (in others words to go kiss) right after they pull apart from their own new years kiss.
Thanks for making our new Years Eve an exciting one! You two threw a great reception party and we were so thankful to be a part of it! Cheers to marriage!
- Kalie's sparkle sneakers were from Keds.
- Kalie's wedding dress was found at Enchanted Bridals in Bonney Lake WA and was a Allure bridal gown design.
- Aric's tie and the dogs's matching bow ties were by Express.
- Silhouette Cake topper was custom made from an Etsy shop called Chick Design Boutique.
- Kalie's elegant and beautiful headpiece was from Rosy Rose Studio on Etsy.
- Bridal flower bouquet was made by Snohomish Blossoms.